Welcome to WineTrails Online; the single place for everything wine orientated in South Australia! We hope that you will add as many businesses to make your trail personal to you and your group.
From experience, we have found the business owners of the various wine regions falling over themselves to provide local knowledge, heritage and history.
Read on for some background on South Australia and we would encourage you to click through to the various regions on the right hand side for events, services, experiences and attractions.
The South Australian wine industry is responsible for over half the production of all Australian wine. Situated in the centre of the Australian continent, South Australia is the wine industry’s powerhouse state. The success of the industry in South Australia is primarily due to the vast diversity in geography and climate. The diversity of the regions range from warm temperate climate of the Barossa Valley through to the maritime precincts of the McLaren Vale, Southern Fleurieu, Currency Creek and Langhorne Creek regions on the Fleurieu Peninsula and across the cooler Adelaide Hills region to the hotter Riverland region on the Murray River. This enables a wine range of varieties to be produced, from the cool climate Sauvignon Blanc variety in the Adelaide Hills to the big, full-bodied Shiraz wines in the Barossa Valley.
South Australia hosts some of the world’s oldest vines and takes a lead role in growing wine grapes, manufacturing and blending wine, wine testing and wine bottling. The State’s innovative wine sector has helped to position Australia as the largest New World wine exporter and fourth in the world after France, Italy and Spain.
Recent from Wine Industry, Hospitality and Attractions
Here are our most recent additions from across the winetrails website:
- GRANITE ISLAND FACTS
- Barossa Goldfields
- Touch Wine 2011
- Para Road Wine Path
- Rodney Fox Shark Expeditions
- Coonawarra (Limestone Coast) – Two Day Private Tour
- McLaren Vale Wine Tour- Private or food & wine Tour
- Fleurieu Fine Food, Wine and Wildlife Tour
- Barossa Valley – Full Day Private or Share Tour
- Adelaide Hills Wine Tour – Full Day
- Adelaide Hills Wine Tour – Half Day
- Discover the new world!!!
Here are our most recent featured editorials from across the winetrails website:
- Kids In Harvest
- Parliament House – South Australia
- South Australian Tourism Awards 2012
- Riverland Wine and Food Festival 2012
- World Cabernet Day 2012
- South Australian Tourism Awards 2012 Submission
- South Australia Budburst 2012
- The Big Duck Sightseeing Tour – Victor Harbor
- Claymore & Brie
- Boutique winery Kellermeister shows Barossa Shiraz is still the Best in the World